There is a good amount of data and very little analysis/analytics done on an industry that accounts for almost a quarter of India's manufacturing GDP. My attempts through the Cargraphical portal are to make a difference to this gaping void in publicly available analytics/analysis on the Indian Car Industry. There are a huge number of individual car gurus who have their very popular YouTube channels where they pass judgment on individual car models and test them in grueling detail. But there is hardly any deep and insightful analysis done from a manufacturers/dealers perspective to guide them on what is happening in the markets.
Data that is available publicly through sites such as Team-BHP and Auto Punditz have been used to classify individual models based on their form factors like sedans, hatch or SUV, their sizes such as 4 meter, mid-sized, Large, etc along with the median price bands in which they would fall in approximately. This combination has been used to analyze how the Indian car industry has progressed over the last decade.
Some of the very interesting questions that can be answered using this analysis are
1. Which is the preferred form factor in the car markets today and what rate are they growing at?
2. Which are the segments of the car market that one needs to simply avoid at all costs?
3. Which are the most promising segments of the car market, both from a perspective of form factor as well as price band?
4. Which segments of the market are the most profitable?
5. Which are the feature listings that are most sought after by customers?
I look forward to hearing from you on your views, questions you want to see answered, and your critical reviews
Car Analytics Car Industry Analysis Automobile Analytics Analysis